Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Here they are..........

Firstly this is the OEX weekly Put BWB


As I mentioned before it's likely to expire out of the money so I've probably made as much as I can unless we get some kind of a sell off between now and Friday (that would be nice). The deltas on the trade are slightly negative at the moment and will continue to climb if we keep hanging around here. At this stage I may take some of it off. That would give me about a $0.75 return on $5 of risk. Not too bad but I like to go for a bit more on these trades especially as it's in my favour now ie I should be able to capture more profit on any spike down and I have no fear on the upside.

This is the AAPL weekly calendar I was talking about. It is now up $55 as AAPL is trading right around $260.


This is the combined position including the earnings fly I had on from a while back.I've only got the day step on for this week so bear that in mind. The full expiration graph for the earnings fly looks a lot better than this.

Finally the last position I have on of any significance is the iron condor on the long bond. This position has caused me some pain as I adjusted for the downside which didn't happen and then I had to resell the short put spreads that I bought back but for less than what I bought them for. Still waiting to collect decay on this trade but I'm realising that perhaps options just don't decay like they use to..........I possibly need to take Mark's advice and start selling these things further out to avoid the viability factor being priced into the options.


Right at this moment I've got an order in on the OEX to try and buy an unbalanced put fly as the risk graph up above shows. However I may have missed the boat as the market has bounced perfectly off the 1113 S1 pivot level (see chart below - the lines you see are today's floor trader pivots where white is the pivot and green represents S1, S2 and S3 whilst the red lines represent R1, R2 and R3). The whole idea behind the adjustment on the OEX is that I own 6 of the 505 BWBs which will provide me some protection on a down move therefore I can afford to go ahead and sell some of the 505 puts whilst buying some of the 510 puts to give me more chance of making a profit. As you can see the whole trade is done for a credit (if I get filled) so it does not worsen my B/E at expiry. This is how I like to play these things. Well there were a lot of charts today so hopefully that makes up for the lack of posts in the last few days....

Trade safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment