Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Option Pit

I just want to announce that I am excited to be working with Mark Sebastian from Option Pit. I've been following Mark's blog at the defunct Option911 for a while and Mark's style of trading resonates well with me as it's more of an opportunistic and flexible approach (ie taking what the market gives) which is something I feel is more suited with the current market conditions that can change so quickly from week to week. His knowledge of options and in particular option volatility is something that I would very much like to build upon for better strategy selection.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome look forward to some skew tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael have you used Platinum's skewfinder tool to its' limit? I'm thinking it may be of value re MS's techniques... What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DP,

    I did use skewfinder previously when I had platinum but that was to look for straddle/strangle type plays. I would probably use it differently nowadays. As per MS techniques I'm not sure but I think MS prefers trading the cash indexes mostly or the big blue chip names. Using the skewfinder would give you some nice candidates for earnings as they should show up I would think but it's been a while since I used it.

    ReplyDelete