Friday, June 24, 2011

Huge turnaround

Quite a prescient call at about 11.30am ET when I called out that we were likely to have a large move up or down just by the amount of business that we were doing at the 1260 level on the ES. Fortunately for me, going long was the right call. The reasons why I went long was because:

  1. Market internals were improving (cumulative ticks finished at +35,000 on the session).
  2. ES was holding the 1260 trendline
  3. Divergence between small caps & technology (relative strength) versus the Dow and SPX
On the trade front, I ended up buying broken wing butterflies on the OEX, RUT and OIH. I had wanted to get more long by buying RUT call spreads but my fear or prudence held me back. This is something I need to work on as it's kinda of holding me back to transition to the next level (ie even though I could see that going long was the right play in terms of probability for the reasons above I managed to wuss out). Anyway something else to note down in my trading diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment