Monday, January 3, 2011

The only thing to fear is fear itself!!

Well I'm using that title for today's post because it would appear that the only thing standing in the way of traders this week is the psychological aspect that the bullish sentiment is overdone and we are due for some sort of correction. In the quant space I'm seeing OVERWHELMING evidence that this first week will close POSITIVE and that the REST OF THE YEAR will be a another DOUBLE DIGIT GAIN for the US equity markets (I thought I'd use caps just to emphasize those points). Right now we see quite large gaps in the futures which from a statistical and seasonality standpoint will favour a gap and go type (no gap fill) situation if we are still around here at the open (1260 on the ES) of the cash session. The highest probability trade I see is to buy ANY weakness (and I mean any weakness) today and hold long for the rest of the week. Lots of POMO activity this week which should be supportive of the markets and also I predict improving fundamentals in terms of the data coming out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment